Monday, February 14, 2011

Ready! Well almost...

   Today was a lovely day...literally and figuratively. The weather was almost balmy although several inches of snow remain in the yard and piles alongside the roadways. But the sun was shining and the temperature was sweatshirt weather, not coats and scarves! Just nice!
   I worked at the church and then made my way to Kokomo to get a rechargeable battery as backup for my camera. I tried Best Buy. They had the camera but no batteries. He suggested I try online and was going to give me a website but at this late hour...why bother? I purchased a converter. At least I can charge the one battery and not blow it up with the 240 volt system.  Then I tried Target. They also had the camera but no replacement batteries. Do they think these batteries will last forever? I know they are rechargeable. I'm guessing they expect one to purchase a new camera rather than a battery.

    I also found a new style travel pillow. It folds and squishes around. It can be used for the neck, small of the back or as an "O" ring to sit on if needed. Two eight hour back to back flights will probably make it necessary to use it in each of those ways.
   Last week at the FUM General Board meetings, I learned to play Phase 10, a card game. Let me clarify that statement. It was not "at" the board meetings but in the free time in the evening AFTER the meetings! Today I bought that game to give to my friends, the Shiverenjes, in Kaimosi. A favorite game of mine is Blokus. Now there is a travel game for two so Amber and I will be challenging one another with that.
    Dropped off the office keys and visited a bit with friend Sue, then home to begin packing. Tucked in my woolen lavender Aran knit shawl from North Ireland. That will be so nice on those cold flights! The packing came to a standstill so I could watch Jeopardy contestants challenge the computer. Not as exciting as anticipated. Back to pack, pack, pack. Shirley stopped in to bring the books and gifts to her friends in Nairobi. Then more pack, pack, pack.

  Everything is ready now except for the electronics that are charging. I still have a few tasks before bedtime. But I'm ready to go! And God is already there to greet me! If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  Ps. 139:9, 10

1 comment:

  1. Oh the fun times of precision packing! :) Safe travels, Pat! Enjoy the new music!

    ReplyDelete