Friday, February 18, 2011

Pictures--I hope

This is the lettuce wrap!!
The workroom at Kizuri Beads..this is the pottery area. Picture above was a preschooler who had her face painted at Giraffe Center...just like our children do!!
Feeding a giraffe. Beautiful animals!!

Today was a good one. Amber had an appointmen with Dr. Sabina Wangia, Education Director of the Friends Schools in Kenya...200 secondary Quaker schools and hundreds more primary schools. The Presiding Clerk of Nairobi Yearly Meeting was off today but Dr. Wangia called to let him know there were "illustrious guests" so he came in to meet us. I also met the local USFW presiding clerk. We were served tea and mandazi. Even though our taxi driver had no idea where Friends Centre was and even though we had to call for directions, it was a good morning. On the way back to the hotel, I asked him to stop at a Kazuri outlet on Ngong Road. He assured me that Kazuri is in Karen (which is an area of Nairobi). We asked two security guards at a shopping center. Both of them said...only in Karen. Finally one remembered that there is indeed a shop at a mall about two blocks from where I had told the driver. This driver was not nearly as helpful as the one we had yesterday!

We had a late lunch of pizza. Then decided that one day of REAL internet service might be worth it. Amber swam a bit in the pool. I sat in the sun. I did one day's lesson in my Bible study but am still far behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment