Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fish and Chips


Wed, 23 Nov 2011

I did a pile of dishes while the coffee brewed. The house is always so quiet in the early (8 am) mornings. Later I helped John Moxen with his email. Then we had lunch and cleanup (only 10 for lunch today), Bible study, games (only 2 stayed but we had a great time. We also had a promise of lunch at Mita’s before we leave). After that I helped John with Facebook. He is terribly dyslexic so I did the reading and typing. However, he dictated the warm encouraging responses.

Richie cut our session short announcing that others were going to Annalong for fish and chips and did I want to join them. Of course!! Richie took John home and met us at his house. Jen, Deirdre, Bebe and I piled in and were off. Great fish and chips and some had mushy pies. I had Ribena (black currant soda) to drink. Dessert was Raspberry Ruffle Cheesecake for Richie and me. Deirdre, Bebe and Jen had lemon meringue pie. It was our American Thanksgiving with part of the Murlough House family…and Bebe picked up the check! Thanks Bebe!! We went back to Jen and Richie’s after; then back to Murlough House. The tv has been moved out of the Common Room (large dining room) and into the flat. Deirdre has DVDs of a UK tv show so we watched a bit….Downton Abbey—has been on PBS in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment