Saturday, December 17, 2011

Friday night Friend

This is the 'back stairs' that leads
to the flat. I always feel like I'm coming
down from 'servants' quarters' but then
that's what mission is all about---
being a servant!! The chair under
the stairs is near Richard's room.

After such a Thursday, it was very low key at Murlough House on Friday. I slept in a bit. When I came down, Jo was busy making shortbread for Christmas gifts. She had 6 kinds going! Deirdre slept in longer and then (goofy girl!) called Richie to ask if someone would bring some toast to the flat. I took it to her and we chatted over tea. Jen came in later. She was going to use the kitchen to bake pies and breads for another craft/bake sale at Seaforde.

We all had a "left overs" lunch and did some odd job kind of stuff. There were things to get ready for the Saturday lunches.

Jen invited Deirdre and me over to her house to 'chill' in the evening. There was still some prep to do....Deirdre brought the Brussels sprouts to me to clean. I had done 4 kg. on Thursday and now I had 4 kg. to do today! That's 8 kg or about 17 pounds of 'em!!

Soon we had enough work done to take the rest of the evening off. We drove Little Suzy over to the Shillidays. It was a bit frosty in the grass and on the carpark but not slick. The windshield was frosted over.

Richie had gone to Crosspoint with the kids and Jen was alone. He had built up a good turf fire and the house was cozy. Deirdre and I had a good time with Jen...we ate up her shortbread and the lime flavored Doritos!! Talbot was in a happy mood, playing with her Winnie.
Talbot and Winnie

Talbot in front of the fire....she had opened a package under the tree earlier this afternoon....and was in BIG trouble...for about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment