Sunday, October 9, 2011

28 hours to Dublin

Yes, it is coming soon! If I've counted correctly and adjusted for a 6 hour time change, I shall be in Ireland in just 28 hours! The last few days have been full and I will be started this journey somewhat tired but I will get to sleep on the 8 hour flight, right??

It's not easy to know just what to pack for several weeks. This is the coldest climate I've packed for. Previous extended trips were to Kenya, Belize and China....all warm to hot. N. Ireland will be cool and damp even cold and wet. That means layers and layers....and coats and sweaters.

I'm looking forward to rekindling friendships with the staff at Murlough House...I met several last year and I understand there are new folks too. I'm looking forward to seeing the kids at Crosspoint. I'm looking forward to seeing the countryside. I'm looking forward to finding Quakers in NI. I'm looking forward to helping expand the Senior Ministry. I'm looking forward to driving on the left side of the road. I'm looking forward to another Halloween parade complete with fireworks! I'm looking forward to a bit of sight-seeing. I'm looking forward to working with Richie and Deirdre and Jenn and Alan and Richard and Bebe and all who are in and around Dundrum. And mostly, I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me in this another beautiful place of his creation.

Everything is packed and by the door. The alarm is set. The ride to the airport is arranged. Farewells have been said. I've been prayed over. Woo hoo....28 hours and I'm there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment