Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday, 9/21/13

I intended to be up by 8 but just didn't make it! However, I was up, dressed and in the kitchen looking for Deirdre by 9. I had potato bread and bacon for breakfast. I sent some emails and made phone calls from Andrew's office for our presentations next week, visited with Lorna (Andrew's wife) and took a tour of parts of the castle...it sleeps 180!
Library/dining room

 We saw the library, 2 dining rooms, the cellar (fantastic arched ceilings and stone walls!), a recently renovated gathering room, the drying room, the kitchen and prep room and more! Lorna was preparing lunch for the 100 or so that are in the castle today. Lasagna!! One pan was for staff. Jen came with the girls and joined us for lunch.
Lasagna for 100

After lunch Jen and I went to the Wool Shop. She wanted some nice yarn to make hats for the girls. I just wanted to see what was new. I found a unique ribbon skein...can't wait to work it up!! From there we went to Jen's to put the girls down for a nap. Jen and I visited...I wish I had taken a picture of the view from her sitting room....next time! Fantastic!!

18 month old Charlie! Such ringlets!! 

After naptime the girls ate and then Jen took me back to the castle. Deirdre had made reservations for us at the Burrendale hotel/country club for dinner. Andrew dropped us and then dropped two of his four kids at a youth event. The hotel had a really large wedding party. People were so dressed up! Sequins and satin on most of the guests.
7 month old Addy...pulling her sock off


We ordered rib eye steaks with carmelized onion and herb butter. It was served with a great little salad and of course, chips. Great meal in a lovely place.
Steak, salad, chips (or fries to the Americans!)

I think I'm on Irish time now...Andrew's kids asked if I was "here" yet!! He has four, three still at home. I think they are 18, 16 and 14...John, Tom and Rebecca. Sam is a bit older and not living at home.

I'm looking forward to church at Castlewellan Presbyterian in the morning. I'll probably take a walk after church...just around the grounds here at the castle. The hydrangea are in full bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment