Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Quiet Sunday

Sunday, 9-22-13

I was up and showered before 8. I went to the kitchen to see about some coffee. Deirdre gave me a French press with coffee and some juice and sent me back to the room/apt. Later breakfast was delivered!! I did some reading and looking out the window at the Mournes.
The not so distant Mournes
The sitting room...table in in the turret alcove

Breakfast table

Lorna, Rebecca and I left for church at 10:15. Andrew came a bit later with the boys. It was good to see Marlene, pastor's wife, and John and Jo Moxen. I was blessed that Ken prayed for Nairobi and the hostage situation.  (Deirdre could not come as she had to prepare lunch for the guests.) We had lunch after 1. Andrew and Lorna invited me to join them in the Manager's Flat but then we decided to eat in the apt. where I am staying. Belinda, the housekeeper, is on sick leave but came to visit and joined us for lunch. Roast beef, roasted potatoes, gravy, carrots and then apple crumble with custard! Of course, that was followed by tea and chocolate muffins. The dishes were taken back to the kitchen and Belinda, Deirdre and I visited all afternoon.  

Deirdre had made scones so the three of us had tea with scones later...blueberry or cherry coconut! Or both! 

It was soon 6:15 so Andrew, Deirdre and I went to evening services. Andrew dropped Belinda off at home.  I chatted with Ken and Marlene a bit after church. When we got back to the room, there was a vase of beautiful hydrangea. Lorna had taken supper to her mother and cut a few flowers! Lovely!!

We had a late supper of grilled cheese and a sponge syrup cake with custard cream. Yum!  Downton Abbey was coming on soon so Deirdre took me on another excursion in the castle. I saw another 10 rooms, a couple of back stairs, and her room! Then it was back to the apt. to see Episode 1 of Season 4! 

Deirdre has tomorrow off and is going home to Banbridge. I'll have a quiet day here...probably walk around the grounds and take some pictures and work on my presentation for the Meet 'N' Greets. Lorna and I are going to a coffee house with the PW-Presbyterian Women-tomorrow evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment