Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hello, from Northern Ireland!

Hello, this is Jamie and I will be blogging from Northern Ireland until Pat arrives early next week. Pat puts such care into her blog, I hope I can do it justice until she's back.

(This is me with my husband Justin just before our flight took off Monday ...just so you can put a face with my name.)
Our group of around 35 flew out from Chicago on Monday evening and arrived in Dublin this morning. We have had a very fun but full couple days, we are all pretty tired and headed to bed but I wanted to take a minute to share a few pictures from Monday and today. We have already taken tons of pictures but for now I will just share a few from my cell phone.
A couple pictures at the airport on Monday... 

 
 Landing in Dublin...


At the airport a bus was waiting to take us to Castlewellan. We stopped for tea/coffee before arriving and enjoyed the sights along the way.


The beautiful Castlewellan Castle... our home for the week!


This is the view from my room in the castle...pretty amazing!


After settling in at the castle we had a little free time. Several of us walked into town to check out some of the local shops. My first impression of Northern Ireland was how beautiful the land is and how warm and friendly the people are.

We came back to the castle to enjoy a wonderful dinner (they are taking such care of us).


A few pictures from dinner...



This cake with custard was delicious!


I will be back with more pictures and updates soon but for now I'm off to bed. Please continue to pray for the weekend, we are all excited to see the plans God has!

No comments:

Post a Comment